HSP ARON KIDS TEST
Is Your Child Highly Sensitive?
Instructions: Please answer each question as best as you can. Circel the answer if it is true or at least moderately true of your child, or was for a substantial time in the past. Not circle if it has not been very true of your child, or was never at all true.
- Startles easily.
- Complains about scratchy clothing, seams in socks, or labels against his/her skin.
- Doesn’t usually enjoy big surprises.
- Learns better from a gentle correction than strong punishment.
- Seems to read my mind.
- Uses big words for his/her age.
- Notices the slightest unusual odor.
- Has a clever sense of humor.
- Seems very intuitive.
- Is hard to get to sleep after an exciting day.
- Doesn’t do well with big changes.
- Wants to change clothes if wet or sandy.
- Asks lots of questions.
- Is a perfectionist.
- Notices the distress of others.
- Prefers quiet play.
- Asks deep, thought-provoking questions.
- Is very sensitive to pain.
- Is bothered by noisy places.
- Notices subtleties (something that’s been moved, a change in a person’s appearance, etc.)
- Considers if it is safe before climbing high.
- Performs best when strangers aren’t present.
- Feels things deeply.
The cilderen self-test of the score!
If you answered true to 13 or more of the questions, your child is probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that you should base how you treat your child on it.
If only one or two questions are true of your child, but they are extremely true, you might also be justified in calling your child highly sensitive.
Read more about in the "Childeren" category.
The contents of this website and the self-tests it contains are not meant to diagnose or exclude the diagnosis of any condition.
© Copyright 2002 by Elaine Aron
|Parents & Family|
|HSP Kids Test|
|HSP Kids Tips & Tricks|
|HSP Baby Test|
|HSP Baby Tips & Tricks|