Are You a Sensation Seeker?
Answer each question the way you feel. Circle the dot of the question if it is at least somewhat true for you; do not circle if it is not entirely true or not at all true for you.
- If it were safe, I would like to take a drug that would cause me to have strange new experiences.
- I can become almost painfully bored in some conversations.
- I would rather go to a new place I may not like than go back again to a place I know I like.
- I would like to try a sport that creates a physical thrill, like skiing, rock climbing, or surfing.
- I get restless if I stay home for long.
- I don’t like waiting with nothing to do.
- I rarely watch a movie more than once.
- I enjoy the unfamiliar.
- If I see something unusual, I will go out of my way to check it out.
- I get bored spending time with the same people everyday.
- My friends say it is hard to predict what I will want to do.
- I like to explore a new area.
- I avoid having a daily routine.
- I am drawn to art that gives me an intense experience.
- I like substances that make me feel “high.”
- I prefer friends who are unpredictable.
- I look forward to being in a place that is new and strange to me.
- To me, if I am spending the money to travel, the more foreign the country the better.
- I would like to be an explorer.
- I enjoy it when someone makes an unexpected sexual joke or comment that starts everyone laughing a little nervously.
The self-test of the sensation finder count the score!
FOR WOMEN If you checked 11 or more of the items, you’re probably a sensation seeker. If you checked 7 or fewer of the items, you are probably not a sensation seeker. If you checked 8, 9, or 10 of the items, you are probably somewhere in between on sensation seeking.
FOR MEN If you checked 13 or more of the items, you’re probably a sensation seeker. If you checked 9 or less of the items, you are probably not a sensation seeker. If you checked 10, 11, or 12 of the items, you are probably somewhere in between on sensation seeking.
Yes, you can be an HSP and score high on sensation seeking too.
Read more about High Sensation Seeking in the "High Sensitivity" category in the "HSP Forms" theme.
The contents of this website and the self-tests it contains are not meant to diagnose or exclude the diagnosis of any condition.
© Copyright 2006 by Elaine Aron